1. Develop yourself by self-discipline.
2. Joy comes through creation--sorrow
through destruction. Every living
thing can grow; use the world wisely to realize soul growth.
3. Do things which are hard to do.
4. Entertain up-building
thoughts. What you think about when you do not
have to think shows what you really are.
5. Do your best this hour and you will do better the next.
6. Be true to those who trust you.
7. Pray for those things such as wisdom, courage, and a kind heart.
8. Give heed to God's message
through inspiration. If self-indulgence,
jealousy, avarice or worry have deadened your response, pray to the
Lord to wipe out these impediments.
9. True friends enrich life. If you would have friends, be one.
10. Faith is the foundation of all things, including happiness.
President David O. McKay